Saturday, April 28, 2012

internship, day forty-seven

wedding day! 

a year before i left california i was hired to shoot my first wedding. until today, i thought it would have been my last wedding... ever. but it was also that wedding that convinced me to go back to school and actually study photography, not just walk around town like i knew what i was doing (knowing what i know now, i am so sure i had NO clue what i was doing back then!!)

susie, as always, was such a great support throughout the day when i showed up unprepared (who knew there were so many more things you need to bring with you to a wedding compared to an engagement shoot) as well as when i got flustered, having flashbacks to that first wedding i shot four years ago. 



overall the experience was intense and intimidating, but i'm so glad i got to see how a wedding *should be* shot. i'm also grateful i got to tag along for this wedding before leaving susie and my internship with her before starting my second one - i feel like i have a much better understanding of what i'm getting myself into...even if i'm not quite where i want to be just yet. and i'm still excited and looking forward to whatever may happen over the next two months of my next intern experience.

as a side note, it was really nice shooting a wedding on the beach... no shoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment